First Annual United Scientific Group Editors Association (USGEA) Meeting
Venue: Executive Board Meeting Room, DoubleTree by Hilton SFO Airport, San Francisco
July 7, 2015; 14:30 – 17:30 hrs
The first annual USGEA meeting was chaired by Prof. Sayon Roy (Vice President -USGEA) in the
esteemed presence of:
- Kenneth Blum, PhD, DHL
- Ahmad Salehi, MD, PhD
- Rajendra Badgaiyan, MD
- Mun Yhung Jung, PhD
- Jin Jun Luo, MD, PhD
- Dawei Li, PhD
- Claudio Ando Nicolini, PhD
- Reza Hakkak, PhD
- Anil K Mandal, MB, BS
- Rajat Sethi, PhD
- Gary Guishan Xiao, PhD
- Venkata RRK Dasari, PhD
The discussion points and the resolutions taken are as under:
- Review of the individual journals' progress.
- Indexing, special issues, and possible new editorial board members.
- Modification and additions to existing editorial policies.
All the resolutions put forward by the members were adopted, in particular:
- PLUS Model [Public License of Unrestricted Science] in which the articles accepted will be reflected as latest articles and at the end of the year will be posted in per volume per issue model. This is contrary to the conventional current issue model system in which the articles per issue either quarterly / half-yearly are released.
- Values and goals were framed which should be reflected in journal webpage.
- H-index of authors: For any article submission to USG journals the preliminary criteria to evaluate research profile of the author(s) is by calculating the authors H-index.
- Editorial board formation by location and area of expertise.
- Manuscripts by editors per Issue.